looks after your pets for you when you can’t
Whether it be a simple 30 minute walk a couple of times a week for busy people who don’t have the time every day, or an ongoing pet sitting service that cares for your pet whilst you are away. AT YOUR SERVICE PET GROOMING & CARE can care for almost any type of domestic pet including both large and small animals. We care for all domestic animals in suburban locations (cats, dogs, fish, birds etc.) as well as horses.
We are pet owners ourselves, and that means that we understand that it can be distressing for your pets to have you away, that is why at AT YOUR SERVICE PET GROOMING & CARE we pride ourselves in treating your pets with love, respect, fun, kindness and attention as we do our own pets. We want to make sure that your pets are not impacted by your absence.
Pet Sitting offers a real alternative to other methods of pet care such as boarding kennels, friendly neighbours or house sitters.
We are a registered business with full pet minder’s liability insurance.
We operate all across Townsville and surrounding suburbs. Some addresses may attract a small travel surcharge, please call for details.
Don't forget to book in fast for Christmas Pet Sitting, dates usually fill up by the end of September each year so please think ahead if you are planning on taking that long awaited holiday!
Click Here to be redirected to our Booking Form
Pet Sitting Overview
We offer an initial consultation prior to your departure. This consists of about half an hour for us to meet your pets, become familiar with the layout of your home, discuss your requirements, go through our paperwork and pick up any access keys required. This also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have and be sure that ours is the service you want to use.
Allowing someone to enter your home whilst you are away requires a large degree of trust. If we can gain access to your pets and their feeding area and food without a key you may choose that we do not enter your home at all – the choice is entirely yours. If we do enter your home we make sure that all is left clean, tidy and as undisturbed as possible (exactly as you have left it). We respect your privacy and advise you to let us know of any areas that you wish to be kept out of bounds during our security checks. We also ask that you leave out any Pet Waste Collection Materials we may need so as to not go searching through your cupboards to find them.
A general run down of a Standard Visit goes something like this for a household with only small domestic animals.
- Arrive at nominated time
- Collect any mail or newspapers (if required)
- Pull in/put out any bins required
- Enter home or yard, checking for anything out of place as we enter – brief look around to make sure all is well.
- Greet pet(s) and give them a good scratch/pat or cuddle and maybe a small treat to say hello, surreptitiously checking them over to make sure they are okay!
- Take dog for a 20 minute walk (if you have chosen this service, added surcharge)
- Return dog, towel off if wet or dirty
- Check and refresh water and clean clean litter trays (more scratching and patting!)
- Complete any home services as required (watering plants, emptying pool skimmer etc.)
- Feed pets making sure they eat what they are supposed to!
- Make sure inside and outside the house is left clean and tidy.
- Play with or give attention to pets as we say ‘goodbye'.
- Leave the home checking everything is locked securely and ready for the following visit.
Please browse our site and if there’s anything else you would like to know please don’t hesitate to contact us with your query.